Vendors/ Seller FAQ

Property Search

Free Valuation Guaranteed Rent Why choose Us

Vendors/ Seller FAQ

How much will it cost to sell my property?

  • Our sale commission fee is generally agreed as a percentage (prior to marketing) of the final purchase price plus vat. Our fee becomes due on exchange of contracts but payable on completion.
  • Index Estates Ltd. can introduce you to our preferred solicitor who are very competitive in their fees
  • An EPC (energy performance certificate) will have to be carried out prior to marketing, we at Wentworth can carry out the certificate on behalf of the seller.
  • Wentworth will cover all marketing and advertising expenses unless you ask to undertake activities outside our normal scope.

What is an Energy Performance Certificate?

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years. Check how you could make your home more energy efficient using the EPC adviser.

Will the seller need to be present in the viewings?

Our sales team accompany all viewings therefore you will not need to be around for viewings, however should you wish to be present this can be arranged for your inconvenience.

Will the property be marketed for more viewings once I accept the offer?

In most cases this depends on what we have agreed with the prospective buyer at the point of accepting the offer. We normally advise to change the property status to ‘Under offer’ or ‘Sold’ for a few weeks to allow the buyers to get into a position to exchange contracts. However this can be worked on a case by case basis to suit the seller’s requirements if needed.

Does a seller have to pay Stamp Duty?

No, the seller does not pay stamp duty, the stamp duty is paid by the buyers only

Will the seller have to pay Capital Gains Tax?

If you are selling a property that is your main home, in most cases you will not have to pay tax, you will need to meet certain requirements for this. However we would advise you to consult your accountant to be safe or we can refer you to one. Furthermore if you are selling a property that is your second home or not your main home its more than likely you have to pay capital gains tax.

What are Title Deeds do I need to provide this?

Your title deeds are proof of ownership on your property. This is normally held by your bank or building society if you have a mortgage. Your solicitor will obtain the deeds and the let the buyer’s solicitor have a copy. If by chance you do have a copy please provide this to your solicitor if required to do so.

When do I have to officially move out?

Prior to the exchange of your property a mutually agreed completion date is set, this will be the date you will have to move out by and provide Index Estates Ltd. or your new buyer the keys. We will of course arrange this for you when required.

Are you members or accredited of any recognised bodies?

Yes, we are member of the Property redress scheme, My deposits, National Landlord Association, accredited to ISO 9001:2008 Quality management system, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental management standard.